Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Time Has Come

+=




surgery plus Koa equals visits from Grandmas!



Monday Morning is coming all to fast. The time has come to get this old knee fixed. I am starting to get a little nervous now... YEEK, I have seen many friends and coached a few girls who have torn their ACL and MENISCUS and I have seen the pain they have been in after surgery and physical therapy. It's almost better not knowing what you will be facing after the surgery. I know it could be a lot worse. We had planned on waiting to have the surgery in November or December, but with the unfortunate turn of events, (I had a miscarriage) we decided to get it done while we can. I know it will all work out wonderful. Jimmie and I feel very blessed and know that everything happens for a reason. My knee has been giving out on my lately, especially while Jimmie and I went long boarding on the board walk yesterday. Anyone who knows me, realizes I kind of have a problem slowing down and just relaxing at home. I love to be on the go. This little surgery might put a damper on that. Especially on my running and working out. I was pleased to find out I could still roller blade with a few things torn in my knee. Jimmie makes fun of me and says that rollerblading isn't cool. I know on the West coast this is probably true, but out here in Florida its still holding strong. This last week I have tried to squeeze tons of outdoor events into my days, which worked out quiet well. I am so excited to see my Mom and my Mother in Law. They are coming a week apart to help take care of the crazy Koa man. Which I am more than thankful for. Some of you might be jealous because I have the best Mom in history and I have to say I got more than lucky in the mother-the -law area. I love her to pieces and can't wait to spend some good quality time with her too! I guess I will be returning to this...

6 comments:

Alyssa/Jo said...

Good luck with surgery Coly! You are one tough gal and I'm sure you will recover faster than most. The difficult times in life are often when we grow the most - not that I wish difficult times on anyone.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. And I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I love you and thanks for your post on my blog.

The Goldbergs said...

hey friend!! just want to let you know I will be thinking about you tmrw and know that you are going to be just fine!! And somehow, you will be up and exercising soon after! love ya girl :) please let me know if there is anything I can do!!!

Bobbi Simkins said...

sorry about your miscarriage and your knee! both of those suck! hang in there and good luck!

Robyn and Clint said...

Don't worry!! You'll heal fast! They can be painful but sometimes they aren't too!!! It's definitely worth it. Good luck!! You'll be fine!

The Bulkley Bunch said...

How are you feeling? Are you recovering quick? It was fun to talk to you the other day. I sure do miss you like crazy... Can't wait for you to come this summer! Wendi

Curtis Stobie said...

Nichole;
I just discovered your blog, and I love it.
I am sorry to hear about your leg, and will be praying for you.
If you have time and want to check out another blog, try warmandfuzzynews.blogspot.com
Sincerely,
Curtis Stobie