Thursday, April 9, 2009

Home made P.J.'s




This post is dedicated to my mother Janet Smith who has tried her best to make me a homemaker. She has taught me sewing lessons, even taught a class that all my friends took called "Sew Neatly" and still I just wasn't interested. I would of rather been out playing soccer any day then sitting at a table sewing. My mother even attempted teaching me how to cook meals, ya I was far from even being interested in that, but today I have made a change, I am a new Nichole. Well the truth of the matter is, I don't have a lot of options to play soccer, I am not teaching full time or even coaching, so a girl has to have some hobbies to fill her days. I can honestly say I enjoy it, thanks to my buddy Kim. She has brought a new light to sewing. She has taught me as well as many other girls here how to sew. We have made P.J.'s nursing covers and baby slings. The possiblities are endless. I find myself in the fabric store having a very good time. Thanks Kim for bringing out the sewer in me. Mom, I am sorry I never cared or paid attention to your sewing and cooking lessons. I hope you are proud:)

15 comments:

Jen I said...

Impressive! Even more impressive that you even have the desire. I still have zero.

Kim said...

Nichole, you are so sweet. I have had so much fun sewing and I will miss our adventures in homemaking when I leave. Oh well, that just means you will have to come visit in Tucson.

Thanks for the great friendship.

Coach Kennington said...

cooooooooooool!!!

The Smith Family said...

Those jammies are soo cute. I was the same way, I started to sew and do things like that once I had Austin. It is so much. I still am not that good. Rhonda is the pro.

Regi said...

I am so jealous you get to sew with Kim! She is an inspiration. It’s so fun that my Salt Lake friend and my St. George friend are now friends. What a small world. Great job on the pj's!

Binny said...

I am impressed Nicole. very cute PJ's, just wait till you have grils and you can sew them dresses, that is the most fun. I love to sew too, even though it isn't the most relaxing thing to do it is still a lot of fun.

Lacey said...

IMPRESSIVE! I'm having fun looking at your blog which Brittney introduced me to today. (Actually i think i knew you had a blog but not how to get to it.) I've been thinkin of ya. I found a sweet little note from you in my butterfly-lifecycle-blowup-thing (you know)!!! It said you missed me. I was like, "How sweet!" You were doing some preplanning! We SO miss you here. Brittney's last day was today! Now i'm super lonely!

Brittney and Scott said...

Wow i am very impressed. I need to learn how to sew.. the pajamas look really cute..nice job

Alyssa/Jo said...

Are you going homemaker on me now? Jk! They are cute PJ's.

The Hammonds said...

Nichole! I never thought I would see the day! I feel so alone now. I can't even sew a button on a shirt. Ohhh my bff is living a different life and it hurts.

The Clark Family said...

I want to come and sew too! Keep up the great work, that's awesome!

terynmendenhall said...

Ahhhh!!! He's getting so big and cute as always! Props, and I need to come see you guys.

Kera said...

i'm waiting for my sling Martha Stewart.

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

okay that's it! STOP SEWING AND GET TO MORE BLOGGING! :)

The McEwen's said...

I often wish I could do things like that. Maybe you will come teach me someday!