Monday, February 22, 2010

B-I-G 32






Jimmie is my “number one.” My best friend. He is my first priority. He’s the one I’d rather be with than anyone else in the world.

Jimmie celebrated the big 3-2 on Friday. What a great husband! I attempted cupcakes to honor his big day. They actually turned out better than I hoped for. It was fun decorating and exploring my new found skills. ha ha just kidding. It is amazing what you can do when you stay home with a torn ACL, life tends to slow down a bit with only one leg. Koa has discovered that he can escape much quicker from me know. He threw his ball into the pool and was trying really hard to resuce it when he fell in. Good thing Jimmie saw him start to sink into the deep in and got him before it was to late. He didn't seem one bit scared when he was rescued all he said was HI! Thank our lucky stars Jimmie was fast and on the ball.
I have to give a shout out to all my friends who have made dinners and watched Koa during this strange time in my life. Thanks for all the help girls. I honestly could not have done it without you. I also had fun with a visit from my parents a few weeks ago to help out with doctor appointments and Koa. They surely saved the day. This was there first trip out here to visit me, although they only saw the inside of two doctor offices, they still seemed to love the place.

My buddy Kelsie gave Koa this suit. Her little boy is to big for it now. He just reminded me of acute little missionary.

17 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Oh man, that sucks that you tore your ACL. How did that happen? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a really really long time. I hope you're doing okay. I can't believe how big Koa is. What a cutie! Too bad we missed each other with our stays in Utah. Good luck with the knee my friend!

Jen I said...

I always complain about how lovey-dovey you two are when I read your blog and why don't I get any of that? Ryan just told me to quit reading these mushy blogs that fill my head with ideas and get back in the kitchen. :)

Happy birthday Jimmy. Can't believe you're even older than us. :) Cute cupcakes.

Our Family said...

How did you hurt yourself? You guys are as cute a ever!

Alyssa/Jo said...

Happy Birthday Jimmie! Sorry about your leg, Coly. I'm glad you didn't drown, Koa. You guys just have lots of stuff going on around your house, don't you? Your cupcakes are lovely. Anything that isn't funfetti frosting on a 9x13 pan cake is extraordinary to me! Miss you guys!

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

I hope you are doing ok. I have been thinking so much about you. I hope at least you are enjoying a slower pace for a few weeks. :) Also, Happy Birthday Jimmy.

Nield Family said...

Happy birthday Jimmy! Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you!

The Nelsons said...

I love your family!!! So perfect =)

Bobbi Simkins said...

sorry about your leg! how did you do that? running? happy birthday jimmy! and koa is so cute.

Kera said...

happy belated b-day James!!! you're family is the cutest ever. you need to call my house # 7194653505
OR send my your cell. my phone is busted.
miss you.
ps: your hair is getting SO long.

Emily said...

Awwww...happy birthday Jimmie! Cute post friend!

Wendy said...

hang in there coly. your knee will be as good as new eventually=)

Wendy said...

oh...and happy birthday jimmie!

The Hammonds said...

Happy Birthday Jimbo! I wish Damon and I could have been there to celebrate!! Seriously though, since Damon and Jimmie's birthdays are so close when Jimmie finishes school we are going to start taking birthday trips.

Great job on the cupcakes Cole! I am so proud! I wish I could be there to help a sister out. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Koa is a freaking stud. He is seriously GQ in that suit. Love it.

Bobbi Simkins said...

hey thanks! not my fav pic but it helps break up the monotony of straight boring hair that i am trying to grow out! sorry about your knee! im not sure if you were there on that date but i bet there is a high possibility you were there with bret :) it was feb 27, 2002. i think we went to cold stone and then the movie?

Mark and Brynne Rose said...

I am so sorry about your ACL that sucks hope you get feeling better soon!! I am training for the salt lake half and I miss our runs together!!

The Smith Family said...

That is the cutest picture ever! I love him in his little suit. Hope you are doing ok and getting around better. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jimmie, you are the man. I never knew you were such the skillful lifeguard. Impressive. Hey, happy late B'day to you. I called Josh on his birthday a week early. So, I guess between the 2 of you, I'm right on. Later man. Take care. Miz